What happens to my SIPP if I move abroad?

Your pension plan will remain with your UK provider until you claim it. You can usually request payment of these pensions from the age of 55. You may continue to make contributions to your pension from abroad, however the tax benefits may be limited. Alternatively you may be able to arrange the transfer of your pension to the new country of residence under the Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS).                             

For further information on qualifying criteria visit: GOV.UK

- Submitted on 29th Feb 2020

Did this answer your question?