Can we transfer certificated investments into our joint Dealing Account if it is only in a sole name?

Yes. The ‘CREST Transfer' form should be completed in full and accompanied by a letter signed by the party who is giving up his/her rights to the investments, along with a declaration regarding the value received; e.g. 'I, John Smith, hereby give up my entitlement to 500 shares in ABC plc, which I transfer exclusively to Amanda Smith & John Smith for the sum of £xx (or as a gift)'. Please also specify the account number of your joint Dealing Account, into which the investments should be deposited. There may be a liability to pay Stamp Duty Reserve Tax when assets are transferred.

- Submitted on 29th Feb 2020

Did this answer your question?